CONTRACT MANAGER FARMA PROJECTS
Manages the prime contract and the relationship with the customer’s internal management team. Implements prime contract management program and helps drive compliance with contracts administration procedures.
This position assists in proposal support, negotiation, and management and execution of the prime contract in conjunction with sales, operations, and the project manager. Ensures compliance with government regulations, statutes, and client practices. This role will support multiple projects of various sizes and complexity. This position will play a large role in change management and pre-claim support. It is expected that the individual will have extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and various agency supplements, contract management best practices and skills required for efficiently managing multiple contracts.
- Advise the project management team on the contractual significance of proposed actions. Be the subject matter expert on the prime contracts.
- Negotiate changes to the terms and conditions in order to reduce risk exposure
- Prepare and provide contractually significant communications and notices
- Coordinate with other project team members to identify customer related actions or inactions, which result in constructive contract changes.
- Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional compensation or time due client
- Provide support to business and execution units in the formation of prime contracts, including participating in the proposal, prime contract review, joint venture and/or subcontract partnering, and risk assessment process
- Review proposals to ensure compliance with contract requirements including
- Facilitate smooth transition from sales to execution with the support of the project team throughout life of a risk project
- Coordinate with the Legal, Insurance, Risk, Project Controls, and Project Business Services on contractual terms and risk issues
- Review project correspondence to ensure clients’ rights are protected and that it is consistent with the terms of the prime contract
- Assist in developing the contract summary and updating throughout the project
- Participate in functional management team reviews
- Ensure compliance with management of vital records and relevant correspondence to support reporting, contract audit, claims and litigations, and contract close out
- To support the preparation of requests for contract clarifications or deviations and/or variations, to be addressed to the Client, when the needs of deviation from the contract occur, or contradictions or misunderstandings in contract documents are met;
- To support the identification of the conditions for the enforcement of Suppliers and/or Subcontractors bank guarantees, and the conditions for the resolution of sub-contracts
- To support the formalization of Extra Works and Claim, participating in the documents preparation, quantification of the time and cost of the Project by checking the correctness of each statement issued, supporting the Project Manager during the presentation and negotiation; [ACU comment: please add this item]
- Provide pre-claim and claim support and resources to project teams to prepare and negotiate claims as required
- Report performance to the functional management for use in maintaining contracts metrics
- Participate in risk reviews and functional management team reviews
- Follow the disputes process as defined by the prime to track and administer throughout the project, while working with Legal
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in related field
- 10+ years of experience in prime contract management